Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Recipes for this week...

Each week we select our veggies for the week on Thursday after everyone has picked up their shares. Ethan tries to get all the hot peppers and green beans. This week I anticipate lots of green leafy things to eat. Our broccoli raab is growing like mad, and we will probaly experiment with a few more recipes for that.
I anticipate fermenting a few hot peppers to save them for this coming winter. I haven't fermented peppers yet, but the fermented cauliflower and leek relish that we cracked open earlier this week was superb. It was salty and pickled, but not as acidic and burning as vinegar pickles.
If any of you have some recommended way to prepare anything in this week's share, feel free to post it in the comments section. Each week I will create a new thread for posting recipes, and I will label the old one with the foods that were used in your recipes so they can be archived well and retrieved easily.

No comments: