Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Look out! Shiela has broken out her knitwear.

Shiela is a chronic knitter. Every night she unwinds from the stresses of growing your food by knitting a few rounds. Since last fall, she has amassed a mountain of socks using a variety of natural and synthetic fibers, a couple of shawls, some fingerless gloves, hats, baby wear, and scarves - both wacky and mundane.
For the remainder of the season we will have a display of the hand knitted articles that you can purchase to warm you through the winter. There is still time to have gifts custom knitted for holiday presents. So if you know someone who goes wild for orange socks and Shiela has sold out, she can still knit you another pair.

3 comments:

Bellasnana said...

I have been knitting and chrocheting up a storm for my (as yet unborn, but viewed in the 4D ultrasound) grandson due 11/12.

Anonymous said...

Aargh! I was so sad that I didn't make it out last week when I heard that Sheila had broken out the knitwear! This week I'll be sure to be there, hopefully with knitted cabled hat in tow :)

Nice work on the blog, by the way. I love it!

Shared Earth Farm said...

Don't worry Jen. there is still a mountain of knitwear to peruse.

Thanks for the idea to create a blog. It is fun, and lends itself well to the format of CSA.